Patient Participation Group
The Westfield Medical Centre Patient Participation Group exists to promote co-operation between patients and staff to the benefit of both and to support the practice to provide a high quality of care and service delivery.
We meet regularly (usually quarterly) in the practice to discuss a wide range of topics that concern us as patients and staff. These topics range from practice-specific issues to broader topics concerning the NHS that may be relevant across Leeds.
We feel that patients will benefit through:
- The opportunity to recommend improvements and to raise issues which can lead to action
- A better awareness of how their practice operates
- A better understanding of the role and workload of a GP and practice staff
- Being enabled to look after their own and their family’s health.
GPs and practice staff will benefit through:
- Improved communication with patients
- The potential for a more mutually respectful relationship
- Increased patient participation and the support of the practice’s aims & objectives.
The group works with the practice but is independent from it.
If you are interested in joining the group, please contact Sue Bates-Patrick in the Patient Support team for more information.
PPG Minutes 07.09.19